Offshore Profit Shifting and Aggregate Measurement: Balance of Payments, Foreign Investment, Productivity, and the Labor Share
Multidimensional Skill Mismatch
Firming Up Inequality Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2019, 134(1), pp. 1-50 Jae Song, David Price, Fatih Guvenen, Nicholas Bloom, and Till von Wachter Published version, Longer Working Paper version (March 2018), Slides Online Appendix (QJE Version), Data of Figures and Tables in Paper (Excel format) Media coverage: WSJ 1, WSJ 2, WSJ 3, Bloomberg 1, Bloomberg 2, Washington Post, Telegraph, Fortune, Forbes, The Hill
Heterogeneous Scarring Effects of Full-Year Nonemployment
AER P&P, May 2017
Fatih Guvenen, Fatih Karahan, Serdar Ozkan, and Jae Song
- Women’s Emancipation Through Education: A Macroeconomic Analysis (with Michelle Rendall), 2015, Review of Economic Dynamics, forthcoming.
- Taxation of Human Capital and Wage Inequality: A Cross-Country Analysis, (with Burhanettin Kuruscu and Serdar Ozkan) Review of Economic Studies, 2014, Vol 81, pp. 818-850.
- How Risky Are Recessions for Top Earners? (with Greg Kaplan and Jae Song), American Economic Review P&P, May 2014.
- The Nature of Countercyclical Income Risk (with Serdar Ozkan and Jae Song), 2014, Journal of Political Economy.
- Inferring Labor Income Risk and Partial Insurance from Economic Choices* (with Tony Smith), 2014, Econometrica. Slides Web Appendix
- Joint Search Theory: New Opportunities and New Frictions* (with Bulent Guler and Gianluca Violante), Journal of Monetary Economics, 2012, Vol. 59, No. 4, pp. 352-369.
- Understanding the Evolution of the U.S. Wage Distribution: A Theoretical Analysis* (with Burhanettin Kuruscu), Journal of European Economic Association, 2012, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 482-517.
- Macroeconomics with Heterogeneity: A Practical Guide (Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Economic Quarterly, 2011).
- A Quantitative Analysis of the Evolution of the U.S. Wage Distribution: 1970-2000* (with Burhanettin Kuruscu), NBER Macroeconomics Annual, 2009, Volume 24, pp. 231-276.
- An Empirical Investigation of Labor Income Processes* Review of Economic Dynamics, 2009, Vol. 12, No 1, pp. 58-79.
- A Parsimonious Macroeconomic Model for Asset Pricing* , Econometrica, 2009, Vol. 77, No. 6, pp. 1711-1740. Online Appendix, Summary in Region Magazine
- Consumption-based Asset Pricing Models: Theory PAPER (with Hanno Lustig) New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Second Edition. Eds. Steven N. Durlauf and Lawrence E. Blume. Palgrave Macmillan, 2008.
- Consumption-based Asset Pricing Models: Empirical Performance PAPER (with Hanno Lustig) New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Second Edition. Eds. Steven N. Durlauf and Lawrence E. Blume. Palgrave Macmillan, 2008.
- Learning Your Earning: Are Labor Income Shocks Really Very Persistent?* American Economic Review, June 2007, Vol. 97, No. 3, pp. 687-712. Online Appendix
- Do Stockholders Share Risk More Effectively than Non-stockholders? Review of Economics and Statistics, May 2007, Vol. 89, No. 2, pp. 275-288.
- Reconciling Conflicting Evidence on the Elasticity of Intertemporal Substitution: A Macroeconomic Perspective Appendix Journal of Monetary Economics, October 2006, Vol. 53, No 7, pp. 1451-72.
- Does Market Incompleteness Matter for Asset Prices? PAPER (with Burhanettin Kuruscu) Journal of European Economic Association P&P, April-May 2006, pp. 484-492.
*The papers marked with a star are based on research supported by the National Science Foundation under grant number SES-0351001, SES-0649437 or SES-1357874.