- Additional reading on Lecture 2:
- Greg Kaplan and Gianluca Violante (2010): “How Much Consumption Insurance Beyond Self-Insurance? AEJ: Macro
- Heathcote Jon, Kjetil Storesletten and Gianluca Violante (2014): “Consumption and Labor Supply with Partial Insurance: An Analytical Framework,” AER
- Reading assignment for next class (Feb 13):
- *Gabaix, Xavier, “Power Laws in Economics and Finance,” Annual Review of Economics (2009), 1, 255– 93.
- *Benhabib and Bisin (2018), “Skewed Wealth Distributions: Theory and Empirics,” Journal of Economic Literature.
- Angeletos, G.-M. (2007). “Uninsured idiosyncratic investment risk and aggregate saving” Review of Economic Dynamics.
Papers to read